Monday, April 4, 2016

How to Make a Homemade Caffe Latte Without a Machine

To make a cappuccino or latte is ideally you should have a good machine and a milk steamer, but they can be pretty expensive. I am not a barista but this is one of my goals, to have at least a half year training because I am really a coffeholic and I like designing my food and my drinks but I still have a lot of goals and priorities for now. Last December, I was so happy that someone gave me a coffee machine http://www.myhanabishi.com/shop/category.php?id_category=55  as one of his gifts for me, yay! haha :D So it isn't difficult for me to brew and make an espresso. 

Cappuccino and Latte are the Martini's of coffee drinks (am I right?) haha.. simple and delicious with those common ingredients but very easy to completely ruin. 

So, to all mothers out there, fellow coffee drinkers who love to make your coffee without a milk steamer, here is my simple guide how to make a latte without a machine.

CAFE LATTE WITHOUT A MACHINE

What you should prepare:
1. Espresso
2. Milk
3. A tumbler with cover
4. A mug or a cup

Step 1: Make Espresso

Currently, I am using this affordable ground coffee for my espresso. For Filipinos, 3n1 coffee is enough for us and I grown up with my parents using them. But then I realized that I am using the unhealthy one. So now, put a 2 1/2 tbsp. of ground coffee in the strainer and a half cup of water. 

Step 2: Heat up milk

Heat up about half a cup(for latte) or 3/4 (for cappuccino) of fresh milk in the microwave oven or on a pan using a stove until it's hot but don't put it their for a long time. I used a broiler for mine for a minute. If possible, use whole milk for the best result. 

Step 3: Make the hot milk into a thick froth

As you can see the photo above, I used my Starbucks tumbler http://www.starbucks.ph/ (or you can also whip the milk with a wisk if you have it). Put the hot milk into it and closed tightly. Shake well for 30 seconds until you have a thick froth. If you can't see any big bubbles, close it again and shake more :)

Step 4: Pour

After your last shake, pour the milk into the espresso. Use a spoon to get the remaining foam so it will look nicely on top of your coffee and sprinkle some cinnamon powder for the best flavor. 
I am currently using this brand and so far the result is good ^^
http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/

That's it! But of course, a latte made with a milk steamer has a much thicker froth than mine. Good luck and share your experience to me as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment