Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Avalanche Ice Cream Shop - The Smokin' Brownie in Cebu City

Address: Anita's Bldg, Osmeña Blvd. Corner, J. Llorente St, Cebu City, 6000 Cebu 
(Right next to Anita's Bakeshop along the way to Boardwalk Shop)
Phone:(032) 416 0345
Opening Hours:11AM–11PM

This is the upper part of the building where you can see right after Anita's Bakeshop 

Have you ever just looked at someone and said... SERIOUSLY?!!! Haha, that's me when I'm hungry.

It was a hot, sunny Monday noon when I went to boardwalk shop to get my order. Since it was lunch time and I felt starving, weak and really wanted to chow down anything as long as it cannot poison me, haha :D  So I walked around near the area from Boardwalk shop and I saw this simple building, the name sounds familiar and my internal organs were knocking in my empty stomach so I entered. 

This is located above the counter area
The Menu

These are their simple menu. As you can see from the left side menu, this is their Famous Creams and the price of all the icecream is P95.00 each. Next to it is their new and premium flavors for iceream including my favorite coffee flavor. Then the highlight of this cafe is the Smokin' Brownies as you can see above. 

While waiting for my orders, I took my time taking few photos of the cafe. By the way, I was the only customer at that time so I could do whatever I want. As I've said it is not spacious so I could capture almost the whole area.

The happy and bright yellow color that good for 4 people.

The center view which can accommodate 8 people if you are with your friends or family.

After 10 minutes they already served my orders and could finally devour. It was funny because I was expected that my Columbian Coffee that I ordered was a coffee drink but I was surprised because they served me an icecream, haha! Though it wasn't enough for my taste but I enjoyed because of the coffee flavor. 

I remember my funny experience here everytime I see this Columbian Coffee of mine, haha :D

Now, let's go to the highlight.. The Smokin' Brownies. Yeah, It's smoking literally so be careful when you eat this.. you might order more, haha! 
Can you see the smoke? Interesting, isn't it?

What is that liquid in the cup?
- It's a Nitrogen liquid that creates vapor-like bubbles.

How to eat the brownie?
- Dip the brownie into the liquid for 5 seconds then it starts to smoke as if you are boiling the brownie into the hot water. After 5 seconds, eat it and you will enjoy putting the brownie into your mouth while smoking.

Is it hot?
- No. The Nitrogen is a liquid that turns the brownie into frozen. So, do not soak your brownie for a long time or else you will eat a hard frozen brownie which has no taste anymore.

CAUTION:
Extremely cold liquid nitrogen

Never Try To:
- Dip your fingers or anything other than brownies
- Spill on anything or anyone
- Impress your friends by acting like you're a cryogenic expert

Although these meals aren't good as my brunch and I won't recommend you to do it so (it isn't good for the health) but I highly recommend you guys to stop by here with your friends and family for snacking and meeting time. You'll surely have fun and enjoy the taste. 

Me, enjoying the food

Me, holding the frozen brownie.

Excuse me for the big face. I took this to show you how it looks like when it goes to the mouth.

Don't forget to leave a finger print, haha! Just write something and post it here before leaving the place.

Opps! They don't have any comfort rooms or washing rooms so be prepared before going there. They even make the icecream beside the cashier. Hopefully soon they'll have another branch around the city and would improve the location. 

So guys, whenever you have a question please post it in the comment box below and share your experience. Have fun! Bon Apetit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment