Thursday, April 14, 2016

White Water Rafting in Cagayan De Oro City


When the situation made us decide to spend our holy week in Cagayan De Oro City, one thing I looked forward to is to experience the ice cold water in the river and do the adventurous white water rafting. As I mentioned in my http://malurulida.blogspot.com/2016/04/holy-week-vacation.html blog that I got an illness so my doctor didn't allow me to do any heavy activities. I super envy with my travel buddy who really enjoyed the paddling, hehe.

We stayed in Rich Manor Pensione House where it is conveniently located nearby Centrio Mall, Gaisano Centre and Gaisano Mall. With its convenient location, the hotel provides the easy access of rafting agency named Kagay Whitewater Rafting. 

At first, we were wondering if he can do it since he was the only one customer at that morning. The staff told us to wait for another people who will book and he would join them to accommodate one raft. Fortunately, there was one group of 6 who just booked and he was happy to join them. For the solo traveler, this is your opportunity to meet new people and make new friends. I couldn't join the adventure so I was their photographer for the teaser photos! haha! Since they have an official photographer who joined them along the journey.

I waited them for almost 2 hours inside the jeepney that the Kagay agency used. It was a kinda boring for me so I did many things like; sleeping, wandering the nature, listening to the sound of the river flow... exciting, huh? When they came back, Sam was amazed the experience! The icy cool water, raging and angry, ready to throw out the unaware. According to him, the most challenging was when they jumped from river to river, haha! I agree because I saw the view along the downstream and I love it! Would definitely try it someday.

The tour guide said that it was not exactly an adrenaline filled adventure since summer season in the Philippines is not the best time to try the water rafting, just a little water and not so wavy. Best time to go there is during the rainy season in the Philippines from July to September if you really want to experience the scary - fun adventure. But they really enjoyed a lot. Meeting new friends that you get to enjoy the ride with, challenging rapids and enjoyable water that you can jump out of the raft, swim freely and feel the refreshing coolness of the water and the beautiful scenery around. You can refer to this agency:
Kagay Cagayan de Oro White Water Rafting
Corrales Avenue, Corner Rivera St. Cagayan de Oro City
email: dankaanimo@yahoo.com
mobile: 09177122442, 09187122323
office: (088) 852-1021
web: www.kagaycagayandeororafting.com

A contagious smile he shared before the rafting orientation.
The tour guide oriented them about safety and what to do in case they fall from the boat. To make the experience fun and at the same time it was safe. 

The Orientation

Started the Adventure

This is the only thing I could do while waiting for them, haha :D

The Final Destination

Luckily they did it safely and enjoyably. If you are planning to go to CDO, you must try this whether you are a solo traveller or in a group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment