Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Egg Bread (Gyeran-ppang)

According to my research, Gyeran-ppang is one of the famous street foods in Korea. I haven't been there but this recipe struck me most during my research because it is easy to bake, common ingredients and best for my breakfast. Gyeran-ppang is sweet, fluffy and cute little bread with a whole egg inside that is being sold by street food vendors in Korea. 

As I was saying, I found this recipe in my research. Yes, I do search food and recipe everyday and whenever I have a time and internet connection, hehe. I also asked about this food to one of my Korean friends who is now in AU. She laughed and wondered why of all the interesting questions, I chose this! Hahaha.. well, she'd no choice but to tell me some information about Gyeran-ppang. 

According to her, Koreans can't resist of buying Gyeran-ppang because of its sweet and fresh smell, It is affordable, cheap and delicious for your simple snack. Gyeran-ppang vendors use special machine that make them cook few dozens of bread at a time. You can see vendors who are busy pouring the batter on a rack of metal Gyeran-ppang molds, cracking eggs, covering the molds and flipping the molder to make them cooked.

Sounds simple, huh? Yes, it is. Let me share you my Gyeran-ppang that is made in the Philippines!!!

Ingredients:

Good for 3 Gyeran-ppang

1 tbsp. of  melted unsalted butter
3 tbsp. of granulated sugar
a pinch of salt
1 tsp. of baking powder
1/2 of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. cooking oil

Direction:

1. Combine the melted butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, 1egg, flour and milk. Whisk until it's smooth.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F (about 200 degree C).
3. Brush the bottom and the sides of a pan with butter or you can use cooking oil.

4. Fill the pan full of batter. 
Opps! You can use any pans but make sure that it's small and don't put a lot of batter in it or else your Gyeran-ppang won't cook all the way through.
5. Crack an egg onto the center of the batter in a pan. 

6. Bake for 15 minutes or until it's finally cooked.
7. Take out the oven and serve hot.


Making Gyeran-ppang is fun and delicious! Enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment